Applications open on April 17th.
- Applications are accepted only in the electronic online format.
- The Graduate Housing Application will ask you to list your preferred building and room size. Please view our Buildings page before completing the application.
- Apartment applicants - All apartment housing assignments are made by an ongoing lottery selection process. Selected applicants will be made a “housing offer’ by email that they can accept or decline within the designated 24-48 hour response deadline.
- Dormitory applicants - you will participate in a General Room Selection where you will choose your hall and room assignment for the 2017-2018 Academic year. You will be given a date and time to log into your Self Service to choose your room, complete the housing license agreement and submit payment ($700 security deposit plus $40 processing fee). View the Yale Dormitory Room Selection Process.
Housing is not guaranteed. Space is limited. For other housing options, click here
- License Agreement term dates for 2017–2018
- Apartment: August 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018
- Dormitory: August 18, 2017 – May 27, 2018
- 1st & 4th Year Medical Student: August 8, 2017 - May 27, 2018
- 2nd & 3rd Year Medical Student: August, 8, 2017 - June 17, 2018
- License Agreement Renewals
- Current students looking to renew their contracts for the next academic year do not need to re-apply. Please review the Housing Timeline of processes and events, or contact the Yale Housing staff to find out more about how to proceed with renewing your contract.
Half-Year License Agreements
The following fees are due at the time of submission and signing of the license agreement:
- Processing Fee: $40.00, non-refundable
- Security Fee: A refundable fee of $700 is required of all students at the time of your housing assignment
The following additional fees are posted to the students SFAS account after August 1st:
- Application Fee: A non-refundable fee of $45.00 will be applied to your SFAS account
- Social Fee: An annual, non-refundable social programming fee is required of all Yale Housing residents. The amount is determined by building and will be applied to your SFAS account.
- Personal Property Insurance: A non-refundable fee of $60.00 (sixty US Dollars) will be applied towards your SFAS account. Residents with proof of insurance may opt out by October 1, 2017