254 Prospect St, New Haven, CT
Medium - Special Sized Rooms
Academic Year: $6,428 - $8,544
All utilities included in rent (heat, hot water, electricity), Basement storage available, Coin laundry on site
- There are 16 student rooms located on the first, second, and third floors of 254 Prospect Street. There are no bedrooms in the basement.
- There is no elevator access to the upper floors in the building.
- Rooms have standard University-provided bedroom furniture: extra-long twin-sized bed frame and mattress, desk and desk chair, three-drawer dresser, bookshelf, sitting chair, built-in closet, or a wardrobe unit for clothing.
- There are four coed personal-sized bathrooms that students share.
- Most rooms are carpeted.
- Rooms have various-size windows with mini-blinds or pull-down shades.
- Rooms in 254 Prospect Street are provided with an Internet port, cable TV port, and telephone port. Students must activate the telephone port (via Yale University Telecom services) to use the landline telephone system. There is a separate charge for use of the telephone (and long-distance charges) but no additional charges for accessing the Internet or cable TV. Students accessing the Yale network must register their computers at www.yale.edu/netreg for full use of the Internet.
- All of 254 Prospect Street is on the University’s wireless network for student convenience!
- Students can receive mail directly at 254 Prospect Street. Mail is delivered directly by the U.S. Postal Service. Mail is sorted into unlocked student mailboxes by the Resident Coordinator staff. Package deliveries can also be received at the residence.
- Students have access to an attic storage area, basement laundry room, computer room (at 276 Prospect Street). An entry-level common room is a comfortable place for quiet study and dorm meetings, and a ground-floor-level common room has a TV, DVD player, and XBox game system. There is also a picnic table and grill in the small backyard for student use.
- For security purposes, the front door of 254 Prospect Street is a locked door. Students need a valid, programmed Yale ID card to access the building and a key to open their bedroom door.
|Student Room Sizes, approximate dimensions:|
|3 Medium||10’x10’ - on average, 150 sq ft|
|1 Large||11’x12’ - 170 sq ft|
|7 Extra-Large||12’x14’ - on average, 200 sq ft|
250 sq ft or larger, sometimes with personal sink or bath