Welcome to Yale Housing’s Spring Salvage Pilot Program - May to October 2017
In an effort to reduce waste and the disposal of quality used furniture, Yale Housing will be piloting a furniture adoption program to help families in need, while reducing the number of items sent to our landfills. This pilot is only available to the residents living in 68 Mansfield, York Crown, Whitehall, Esplanade, and Mansfield buildings.
How does the program work?
- This program is for donations of Large Furniture items only and NOT for items for sale
- Residents will be responsible for posting their item and description with a maximum of 3 photos
- Once the item has been adopted, the resident will be allowed to leave the item in their unit when moving out without penalty
- If the item has not been adopted by the time a resident moves out, the resident will be responsible for removing the item to outside storage
- Items put up for adoption that were constructed inside your unit, need to be disassembled, unless they can fit through the door of your unit and the receiving unit
- Adopted items can be picked up by the new owner or will be transported to their new location (within Yale Housing Apartments only) at an appropriate time determined by Yale Housing.
- Adopted items are on a first come, first serve basis
- Adopted items will become the property of the new owner and the new owner is responsible for discarding the item if no longer wanted
- Leaving unclaimed items in your housing unit will result in fines as outlined in your Yale Housing license agreement
- Upholstered Furniture
- Broken/Damaged items
Yale Housing ask that you be respectful of others and only adopt what you need. All residents are reminded that the swap room is available for small portable items and clothing.
For questions or feedback about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org