Graduate Housing for 2023-2024 Academic Year:
The Housing Application for the 2023-2024 Academic Year for Graduate and Professional students will open on April 1st. Room Selection for paired roommates will open April 19. Room Selection for all others will open on April 20. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Housing Applications are accepted only in the electronic online format.
- Please view our Buildings page before completing the application.
- Apartment applicants - Efficiency, one and two bedroom shared units will participate in a Room Selection process.
- Family Housing applicants - assignments at Whitehall or Esplanade will be made manually by Yale Housing. Applicants will be notified by email.
- Dormitory applicants - will participate in Room Selection where you will choose your hall and room assignment.
- Especially for graduate students applying for housing from India - please make sure your VPN is changed to a US location before applying.
Note: there is a one-year residency limit at the following halls:
- 272 Elm (first-year GSAS students only)
- 254 Prospect
- 276 Prospect
- Mansfield Apartments
Housing is not guaranteed. Space is limited. For other housing options, click here
License Agreement – Need to Know
- License Agreement term dates
- Apartment: August 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
- Dormitory: August 1, 2023 – May 26, 2024
- License Agreement Renewals
- Current students looking to renew their contracts for the next academic year do not need to re-apply. Please review the Housing Timeline of processes and events, or contact the Yale Housing staff to find out more about how to proceed with renewing your contract.
Half-Year License Agreements
The following fees are posted to the students’ YalePay account:
- Application/Processing Fee: $100, non-refundable, one-time fee.
- Residential Life Programming Fee: amount varies depending on Hall, non-refundable, yearly.
- Personal Property Insurance: $60 Personal Property Insurance, non-refundable, yearly. Residents with proof of insurance may opt no later than September 1st.
The following cancellation fees will be posted to the student’s YalePay account should the assignment be cancelled after signing the Housing License Agreement.
April - $500
May - $750
June - November - $1,000
December - end of license agreement - $2,000