Housing Application for the 2022-2023 Academic Year opens on Wednesday, April 20 at 9:00 a.m. EST.
- Housing Applications are accepted only in the electronic online format.
- Please view our Buildings page before completing the application.
- Apartment applicants - Efficiency, one and two bedroom shared units will participate in a Room Selection process.
- Family Housing applicants - assignments will be made manually by Yale Housing. Applicants will be notified by email.
- Dormitory applicants - will participate in Room Selection where you will choose your hall and room assignment.
- Especially for graduate students applying for housing from India - please make sure your VPN is changed to a US location before applying.
Housing is not guaranteed. Space is limited. For other housing options, click here
License Agreement – Need to Know
- License Agreement term dates
- Apartment: August 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
- Dormitory: August 1, 2022 – May 28, 2023
- License Agreement Renewals
- Current students looking to renew their contracts for the next academic year do not need to re-apply. Please review the Housing Timeline of processes and events, or contact the Yale Housing staff to find out more about how to proceed with renewing your contract.
Half-Year License Agreements
Due at the time of room selection:
- Security Deposit Fee: $700, refundable upon vacating and completing terms of the license agreement (plus non-refundable $25 processing fee)
The following fees are posted to the students’ YalePay account:
- Application/Processing Fee: $100, non-refundable, one-time fee.
- Residential Life Programming Fee: amount varies depending on Hall, non-refundable, yearly.
- Personal Property Insurance: $60 Personal Property Insurance, non-refundable, yearly. Residents with proof of insurance may opt no later than September 1st.