Maintenance and Utilities

For Emergency Repairs in Apartments or Dormitory Rooms:

Call Facilities Customer Service at 203–432–6888.  Yale Facilities will initially respond with 24 hours.

Emergency Repairs that require immediate attention (examples):

  • loss of heat, electricity, or water in your unit;
  • water leaking into or from the ceiling, walls, toilets, bathroom or kitchen pipes, tubs, showers, etc.;
  • broken elevators in the dormitory buildings;
  • bug or rodent sightings;
  • broken doors/windows that effect the safety or security of your person or housing unit;
  • smell of gas. Leave your apartment and contact Southern CT Gas Co. at 1–800–659–8299.

Routine Repairs in Graduate Apartments and Dormitories

For residents living in Graduate Housing please use the Facilities on-line work request. Log in with your Yale Net ID and Select ‘Facilities Work Request’ to complete your work request.

Routine repairs not reportable to Customer Service (examples):

  • Washer/Dryer malfunctions. Contact Mac–Gray at 1–800–622–4729 or Mac–Gray Intelligent Laundry Systems website. Work Requests can also be submitted on-line at password: yalebulldogs.
  • Broken window shades or blinds provided by the University. Please contact Graduate Housing at
  • Replacement of items such as “replace my mattress” in the dorms or “replace my kitchen stove” in the apartments. Please contact Yale Graduate Housing Office.
  • Cleaning requests of your personal room or apartment. Students are expected to clean their own units.