Spring 2021 Housing Application and Room Selection will open December 1 at 9:00 am EST and will close on December 13 at 11:59 pm EST.
The Housing Application and Room Selection Process will open on December 1 for the Spring 2021 semester only. There is limited availability in the following dormitory halls: 254 Prospect, 276 Prospect, Baker (initially for Law students only), Helen Hadley Hall, 272 Elm (initially for GSAS only), and ESHarkness Hall. There is also limited availability in the following apartments: Mansfield Apartments and Whitehall Apartments. Sterling Quardrangle (Divinity) will be available initially for Divinity students only. Limited Family Housing is also available at Esplanade and Whitehall apartments.
- The assignment is only for the Spring 2021 semester. During February Housing Intent some assignments will be eligible to renew for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- If you choose an assignment on campus, you will need to change your status with your department before arrival.
For shared apartments or dormitories – you may be selecting a bedroom in a two-bedroom unit that already has a roommate and who has been living in the unit.
Before you apply:
- Only students currently enrolled in, or who are matriculating into the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences or other Professional Schools at Yale, are eligible for Graduate Housing. Individuals such as visiting researchers, post-docs, interns, hospital residents, etc., are not eligible for Graduate Housing.
- Please review our buildings and contract rates (Dorm Rates and Apartment Rates).
- Learn about our application procedures, timeline, and renewal details.
- Yale Net ID is required to apply for housing.
Graduate Housing Availability Limited
Unfortunately, Yale Housing does not have sufficient numbers of dormitory rooms or apartments to accommodate all applicants. After applying, students are encouraged to continue looking for other housing accommodations, as we do not guarantee every applicant will be offered a room or apartment. View Affiliated Housing Options.