Baker Hall is a recently renovated dormitory with air-conditioning throughout as well as, sustainable and low-emitting materials. The building offers one and two-bedroom units, housing 111 students. Each residential wing has a large, open student lounge with comfortable seating, tables, and chairs. Each unit will have a similar layout, a small kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom(s) (to be shared by two graduate students).
Law students are given priority to live in this community.
Facilities, Furniture, and Other Features
- There are 50 two-bedroom units, 10 one-bedroom units, and one studio efficiency unit located throughout the three-floor building.
- Each bedroom has University-provided furniture: twin-xl bed, mattress, bedside tables, desk and desk chair, five-drawer dresser (queen beds in 1 bedroom units).
- All units are furnished with locally sourced/made custom wood furniture. The common rooms in each unit include: wood coffee table, table/chair, lounge chair, and queen-sized sleeper sofa
- All rooms have modern, high quality finishes, including tile, cork, and carpeted surfaces
- There is a kitchen in each unit that includes a cooktop, full-height refrigerator/freezer, full-size microwave/convection oven, built-in (cook) bookshelf, and quartz countertops with a decorative backsplash.
- Bathrooms include a walk-in shower with glass partition
- Rooms have windows with mini-blinds or pull-down shades
Internet Access, Cable TV, and Mail/Package Delivery
- Rooms in Baker Hall are provided with Wifi and Internet TV service in each unit. Students accessing the Yale network must register their computers at www.yale.edu/netreg for full use of the Internet.
- Mail delivery is not accepted at Baker Hall. Students can rent a PO Box at Yale Station upon arriving.
- All package deliveries should be directed to the Yale Student Package Center, 77 Broadway Lower Level; Please also include Baker Hall and your room number.
- Law students may receive packages at their department.
- Students have access to landscaped and partially-covered courtyard and bike storage, coin-operated basement laundry room, with study lounge and vending machines. The common rooms are a comfortable place for quiet study and dorm meetings, and are equipped with a TV and DVD player.
Security Access for Residential Areas
- For security purposes, the front door of Baker Hall is a locked door. Students need a valid, programmed Yale ID card to access the building and a key to open their bedroom door.
Floor Plans and 360 Videos
These are sample floor plans only. Each room may vary in floor plan and size.
- Residential Kitchen
- Residential Lounge