367 Cedar St, New Haven CT
Small - Extra-Large Sized Rooms
Academic Year: $6,980 - $9,714
All utilities included in rent (heat, hot water, electricity), Basement storage available, Coin laundry on site, On-site gym facilities
Elevator Access, Shared Bathrooms, and Furniture
- There are two elevators that access the upper floors in Harkness.
- Rooms have standard University-provided bedroom furniture: extra-long twin-sized bed frame and mattress, desk and desk chair, dresser, and in some rooms, an additional sitting chair. All bedrooms contain a vanity with sink and mirror. There is limited overhead lighting, so residents should bring additional lighting for their desks.
Internet Access, Cable TV, and Mail/Package Delivery
- Harkness rooms are provided with an Internet port, cable TV port, and telephone port. Students must activate the telephone port (via Yale University Telecom services) to use the landline telephone system. There is a separate charge for use of the telephone (and long-distance charges) but no additional charges for accessing the Internet or cable TV.
- Students accessing the Yale network must register their computers at www.yale.edu/netreg for full use of the Internet.
- All of Harkness is on the University’s wireless network for student convenience!
- Mail is received by the U.S. Postal system Monday–Friday and distributed to student mail boxes. Student packages are received by the Harkness Housing Office and available to students during office hours but also at evening and weekend package pickup hours from the Harkness Housing Office.
- There are four kitchenettes within the building on the 4th, 7th, 9th, and 11th floors. The kitchenettes contain a stove and oven unit, microwave, sink and small countertop area, as well as a full-size freezer. All students in the building share the kitchen resources. Students intending to use the kitchenettes are expected to bring their own cookware and utensils. Students are encouraged to bring mini-refrigerators for their rooms as the kitchenettes contain only full-size freezers.
- Harkness Harkness Harkness Harkness
- The ground-floor Harkness Housing Office is open Monday–Friday with University staff and during limited evening and weekend hours with student staff.
Security Access for Residential Areas
|Student Room Types and Dimensions|
|16 Small||13’11” x 9’10”||approx 135 sq ft|
|132 Medium||13’6” x 10’8”||approx 144 sq ft|
|16 Large||14’8” x 11’||approx 161 sq ft|
|6 Extra Large||10’10” x 13’6” and 10’5” x 10’8”||approx 250 sq ft|