Welcome to Yale Housing’s Spring Salvage Program
In an effort to reduce waste and the disposal of quality used furniture, Yale Housing runs a furniture adoption program to help families in need, while reducing the number of items sent to our landfills. This program is only available to the residents living in 68 Mansfield, York Crown, Whitehall, Esplanade, and Mansfield buildings during the months of April - October.
How does the program work?
- This program is for donations of Large Furniture items only and NOT for items for sale
- Residents will be responsible for posting their item and description with a minimum of 2 photos
- Once the item has been adopted, the resident will be allowed to leave the item in their unit when moving out without penalty
- If the item has not been adopted by the time a resident moves out, the resident will be responsible for removing the item to outside storage
- Items put up for adoption that were constructed inside your unit, need to be disassembled, unless they can fit through the door of your unit and the receiving unit
- Adopted items must be picked up from the previous owners. If the original owners have already vacated, the housing office will meet the new owner to open the vacated unit and retrieve the adopted item
- Adopted items are on a first come, first serve basis
- Adopted items will become the property of the new owner and the new owner is responsible for discarding the item if no longer wanted
- Leaving unclaimed items in your housing unit will result in fines as outlined in your Yale Housing license agreement
- Please submit one donation form per item
- Upholstered Furniture
- Broken/Damaged items
- Sofas - Salvation Army can pick these up at a convenient time prior to your departure: 1-800-728-7825
Yale Housing ask that you be respectful of others and only adopt what you need. All residents are reminded that the swap room is available for small portable items and clothing.
For questions or feedback about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org