Special Populations

Students Currently Abroad, on Leave of Absence, or on Medical Leave of Absence

Students in these categories who are scheduled to return to Yale College in the fall may be included in the housing process. To ensure they are listed as eligible, such students must notify their residential college dean’s office in writing of their intention to live on campus and adhere to all deadlines using the Housing Portal.

If you are on leave or medical leave and plan to return in the fall, please let your college dean’s office know as soon as possible if you wish to be included in the housing process.

Students Currently Withdrawn

Withdrawn students may not take part in the housing process. Still, they should notify their residential college dean’s office if they intend to seek reinstatement and campus housing in the fall. Housing will be arranged as part of the reinstatement process.

Spring Arrivals

Students who will be away from Yale in the fall term (e.g. junior term abroad, leave of absence, etc.) may not draw a room for the following year.

Requests for second-semester housing for students who will be abroad or on leave in the fall must be submitted via the Housing Portal by November 30, 2023. Housing will be assigned to returning students based on availability. Every attempt will be made to accommodate returning students seeking second-semester housing but cannot be guaranteed.